Tuesday, January 8, 2008

To live or not to live

I stole this line from a film I just saw at the movies... N it has got me thinking...

everybody has bad times, everybody has problems,

but do we sacrifice the good times because of them?

I love this line... If you really think about it, there is a lot of meaning to be found and a lot to be gained from really thinking about that meaning!

How many times in life do we allow the negatives to control not only thoughts but our entire lives! I know this all too well, whenever something bad happens I automatically allow it to dictate my every move and fall into a cycle of feeling more and more sorry for myself instead of focusing on the positives or just moving on!

Life will throw some pretty messed up things at you and no matter how much you try to find guidance and assistance sometimes the only person who can help you make it through it all is yourself! What I'm trying to say is that, sometimes the only way you can truly get over something is when you are ready to move on! Though this can be a long process and one which will make you grow and change as an individual, it is all for the best though!

As I grow and mature as a person I am learning more and more about how to turn the negatives in life into positives! Before I go on, I know people will be sitting there reading this saying, well she obviously hasn't had a very hard life or experienced hard times, but I know what I am talking about, I may not share them but I have had enough experiences to allow me to grow!

I don't ignore the negatives in life, I've just learnt how to approach them differently and the way I do this is by knowing that in the end, I'll be a better person because of experiencing it and that when something good happens I'll enjoy it even more...

Maybe I'm just becoming more optimistic with my view of life, but there is nothing wrong with that... I have been too negative for too long... I made a new rule to view life for what it really is and to focus on making it as positive as a certain situation could be...

No comments: