Sunday, January 13, 2008

What are friends for?

People enter your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
Those who enter your life for a reason are only a part of it for a short time but they are there to help you realise something in your life, you will enjoy the time spent with them and then one day, without warning you will no longer have or need this person in your life.
Those who enter your life for a season are similar to those who enter your life for a reason but it is much deeper. The time spent with this person will change you and make you realise new things about yourself, again though this person will leave your life but the memories shared with them will never leave you, nor will what you gained or learnt from the friendship.
The last sort of person who enters your life if there for a lifetime. This person will understand you without needing you to explain yourself, they do not judge and this person will always be there for you. This friend will be one that you continuous grow with and share numerous experiences with. This person will remain a part of your life forever.
I remember being sent an email about this years ago, I couldn't remember exactly what it said but tried to explain the general gist of it!
I find this to be so true with friends, thinking back I can place so many different friends into these categories and more importantly I can see how these people have changed the person that I am and the life that I live.
I am starting to view life differently, it comes with growing older though, it's only natural.
I am starting to see that there comes a point when things only happen when I choose to let them happen and it's the same with friends, I choose to allow people into my life and sometimes it's important to let them in.
No matter how painful or testing certain friendships or relationships were I will never regret them, because it was from these that I grew, changed and became the person that I am today.
Though with saying that, I am still growing and forging new friendships, ones that are already proving to push the boundaries of who I am and who I want to be.
And I couldn't be happier...

No comments: