Monday, January 7, 2008

Don't Get It Twisted

I came out of a long term relationship a few months ago and so after a while began dating again!
It is so strange to enter this whole world of dates again and it is even stranger now that I've realised that guys are beginning to date like girls do...but I'll get back to that later...

Ok so I have been on some dates lately and it amazes me at the behaviour that some people display when they are on a date! I don't know if it is just these people being themselves or if they were just not paying attention to what they were doing or saying!

Maybe it's just the way I was brought, though I'm sure most people were brought up the same but there is certain things that really bug me...

Don't burp when we are having dinner, and if you must PLEASE cover your mouth...
I find it incredibly rude to be checking your phone the entire time you are on a date, and it's even worse when you decide to text back when I'm finally given a few minutes to talk...
High school was fun for most people but I don't care how popular you think you were... We have been out of school for a few years now, so get over it...
I know a lot of people don't follow this, but I don't care what car your parents drive, in fact it's a pet hate of mine... don't pick me up in it if you think it will impress me, it's you I'm interested in getting to know, so what car your parents drive doesn't bother me...


There are so many other things I could say, but I know you don't have all night to read it...so i'll just end on one last major point...

Just because I go on a date with you or show a slight interest in you, doesn't mean I wanna marry you and have your babies... I mean most guys are nice that you meet at this age, but I don't know what I want for breakfast let alone the man I want to marry... Guys automatically assume that a girl saying hi to them means that she is ready to settle down with you... I really don't know where guys get this from... I know very few girls who think like this... Most girls I know are more interested in finishing uni and travelling the world not which one of the guy they just met will become their husband... Oh and it is ok for a guy and a girl to be friends without there having to be anything to do with sex or relationships... Guys just don't seem to get it...

Ok I needed to get that off my chest...it was a bit of a rant but it is really starting to frustrate me...

M
x x

No comments: