Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Confessions of an Addict

It was meant to be a bit of harmless fun! I'd never tried it before n was so curious!
It seemed like everybody else was doing it n that it was safe.
At first it was just seeing how everbody else was doing it, I was still quite scared n wasn't sure if I was ready to try. Then i became addicted.

Before all of this I was the person who blasted anyone who had tried it!
I couldn't find a reason for doing it n grilled people till they could give me one!
My parents were against it, n were always saying that they didn't trust it n they didn't see how anyone could use it!
I knew then that I was better off for not trying... I wish I knew that now!

My first time was not planned... I checked to see if an ex had used it n found that he did, that infuriated me bcoz it was when we were still together n I didn't know why he had to hide it!
So i decided to take my first hit...

I JOINED MYSPACE!

At first it was harmless fun, finding friends u hadn't spoken to in years, seeing what they were up to... After a while I didn't get a rush from it... I wanted more n MySpace couldn't satisfy my cravings! I didn't know what to do... that was until a friend invited me to join Facebook... Without hesitation I was in!

Before I knew what I was doing I had hundreds of friends n was logging in countless times each day to see if anyone new had added me or if people had changed their profiles!
I wanted n felt I needed more...

It took me a while to admit it, but I finally made myself realise, I was addicted to the one thing I had hated most! I know there r more people like me out there, n it is hard to admit... But at the end of the day... I am happy to be be addicted Crackbook (as I now call it)


Till next blog,

M

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi i'm allie and i'm an online social networking addict

Tom said...

ok... was that like the craziest coincidence in the world that me, you and em all wrote about myspace at the same time?? weird...

anywho, have a great day!

Emily said...

hi i'm emily and i'm an online social networking addict.

ange said...

jesus woman i thought u had become a crack addict or something...u had me worried lol...ohh so im a self confessed addict too allie lol copied ur comment lol...dont scare me liek that again minnie sheesh!!!!

Sugar n Spice. said...

OMG!!!!! OMG!!!!! It got you too!!!
Jesus woman I thought for a second you were bloody addicted to crystal meth or something, but now i see it's something much worse, totally deadly!!!! You know before i came to uni this year and met all of the crazy wonderful people in our course i was totally ok living in my myspace free bubble!!! But oh no they couldn't leave me in there where i was totally happy and safe!!!! I tell you i was peer pressured into getting a myspace and have since become quite addicted! But i guess that's half the reason why i haven't put a photo up on my site, i think it's like my last attempt to keep my anonymity and to convince myself i'm not a real member of the myspace addict club!!! It's like a protest or something, I shall not fully convert to the system, I shall not conform!!!! (haha i'll probably put one up soon, not sure i can fully with stand the pressure for much longer to get my face up there!)
All i can say is that i fully commend Tom for not getting a myspace yet. He's obviously alot stronger then i was, and i was bloody strong for a long time! You go dude, stay myspace free!!!!

Peter Podcast said...

Clever!!
Ever tried to borrow clothes off a cyber friend.
Nice work.

rosalie said...

hahaha addict!!